CONGRATULATIONS ON TAKING YOUR FIRST STEP!
We would love to chat with you about owning your own Scout & Molly’s Boutique! For more information, please fill in the form below and click submit. You can reach us by phone: (610) 768-0114 or email: email@example.com.
If you’re interested in an information packet, please complete this request form.
THE BOUTIQUE YOU’VE BEEN DREAMING OF
If you have ever dreamed of owning your own boutique, working in the fashion industry or being able to work with the community, Scout & Molly may be the right franchise for you!
We offer a world-class franchise program, including ongoing training and support that provides franchisees with significant advantages over competitor boutiques. At Scout & Molly’s, we bring decades of franchising and fashion experience, and leverage our relationships in the fashion world to open doors for our franchisees. As a Scout & Molly’s boutique owner, you have immediate access to exciting brands, guided merchandising experiences, and leaders in retail, including national consultants.
Scout & Molly’s offers new franchisees tools, resources, and experts to support you every step of the way toward opening your own Scout & Molly’s Boutique.
- No fashion experience required!
- The perfect semi-absentee franchise for a fashionista!
- We pride ourselves on offering our Franchisees invaluable training, the analytical and financial tools and technology to manage your business, and ongoing expertise from our team of merchandising, operations, and technical experts.
- Compare our program and value proposition against trying to start a boutique on your own from the ground up!
It’s time to own the business of your dreams!
Scout and Molly’s Boutique began with a dream. A place where women would feel comfortable shopping, a place where they didn’t have to worry about what they were wearing when they walked in the store, a place where women could count on a friendly face and an honest opinion.
Scout & Molly’s wants business ownership to become a reality for more women entrepreneurs.
Poised to be a national leader in the women’s retail boutique industry is Scout & Molly’s — an intimate boutique offering a carefully curated line of the latest sought after vintage chic and fast fashion designs. All this and a proven business model that gives you the opportunity to flex your business mind and express your passion for fashion with your own unique, fun and highly lucrative franchise!
OUR INVESTMENT MODEL & FEES
Here’s an overview of the support you’ll receive. This information does not constitute an offer or the sale of a franchise.
Scout & Molly’s is completely dedicated to the success of its franchisees; therefore, each franchisee can expect consistent and ongoing support from the corporate office. As part of this support, the following services and training have been developed to assist in all operational aspects of each Scout & Molly’s franchise.
After you’ve signed your franchise agreement, your operations specialist will touch base with you to welcome you to the team. At that time, we will schedule a follow-up meeting to walk you through your welcome packet, pre-opening checklist, and the franchisee resource center, and answer your questions.
Our national team of leading retail site search brokers will review all factors to identify the best possible site for your location.
We collectively discuss the location’s design, the store-in-a-box package, franchisee furniture and fixture responsibilities, as well as the general contractor’s responsibilities.
The Scout & Molly’s buying team travels to regional and national apparel shows (“Markets”) held in different cities across the US. Here, our buyers source the best of the best in women’s clothing lines. With years of fashion buying experience, their established relationships with designers and sales reps across the country provide every boutique with top-selling styles in fashion’s hottest trends.
Scout & Molly’s will assist you with all supplies needed for the opening of your store.
ONLINE BUYING PLATFORM
Franchisees are trained and have access to our wholesale marketplace, an online platform that allows selection of the merchandise available in the franchisee’s territory.
All franchisees will be trained and provided with the documents necessary for staffing their shop. This will be explored in great detail during training week.
When you become a franchisee, training begins immediately. A member of the corporate team will initiate the relationship with a personal phone call to kick start this exciting process. Ongoing training will revolve around each boutique’s build-out, inventory, visual standards, marketing and advertising, and soft and grand openings. The week-long training program at Corporate will introduce new practices in addition to reinforcing policies and procedures. Ongoing field support will begin once the franchisee’s store has opened.
The Scout & Molly’s brand works with a dedicated marketing and advertising agency. These media buyers and marketing experts work closely with each franchisee to promote every boutique. As our brand and merchandise continues to evolve in an ever-changing industry, our marketing partners also remain ahead of digital marketing trends to promote brand awareness in your target market and across the country.
STORE OPENING PREP
A corporate representative will come to your store prior to your soft opening to ensure everything is ready to go for your big day.
ONGOING FIELD SUPPORT
Training doesn’t stop on the phone or after training week. The corporate team will be on the road ensuring each store and owner is meeting and exceeding expectations for success.
ACCESS TO MICROSITE & ECOMMERCE
Our corporate website, www.scoutandmollys.com provides extensive information about the company. Each franchisee’s location is featured on this website, and its geo-tagging functionality allows customers to find a boutique in a specific area. The website also serves as a tremendous marketing tool featuring the latest brands and fashion trends, timely blogs and social media posts.
Scout & Molly’s corporate has created a password-protected Resource Center for franchisees to access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This online portal provides forms, documents, branded material, supplies, videos, social media images, marketing resources, and more. A forum to ask questions and share ideas and best practices with fellow owners and/or the corporate team is also available.
Franchise Fee: $60,000
Initial Investment Single Unit: $288,000 – $367,000
Initial Investment Multi-Unit: $327,000 – $406,000
Royalty Fee: 6% of gross revenue per month.
Brand Development Fund: 1% of gross revenue per month.
SUPPORTING YOUR DREAMSScout & Molly’s has devoted customers in big cities and small towns across the nation who love shopping in our modern boutiques that feature the latest trends and sought-after fashions. Our customers can count on a warm welcome, no-pressure, friendly, and fun shopping experience, and our unmatched white-glove customer service. Our corporate team is dedicated to the success of its franchisees; therefore, each franchisee can expect consistent and ongoing support from the corporate office.
PRE-OPENING SUPPORTThis includes but is not limited to:
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Production Manager
- Corporate Construction Project Leader
- LOI & Lease Negotiation Assistance
- Corporate Site Selection Assistance
- Preliminary Plan & Schematic Drawing Creation & Review
- Opening Inventory Assistance in conjunction with analytics
STORE OPENING SUPPORT: Hiring your team
- Education on the essential qualities for Store Manager and Stylists
- Job descriptions of your employees
- Operations will assist in interviewing your candidates
- Corporate will assist you in management and sales team training
- P&L review
- Field visits/Operational reviews
- Scheduled conference calls
- Regional training
- Franchisee conference training
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL SOURCESOur franchisees are provided assistance with all things marketing and advertising through the guidance and direction of DigiSphere Marketing for digital marketing and Powers for PR. Your designated Account Executive will provide a tailored advertising plan and marketing education to help build your customer base and continually drive traffic to your Scout & Molly’s location long after your Grand Opening month.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSDo you have an eye for fashion? Scout & Molly’s provides the opportunity to combine your passion for fashion and entrepreneurship in an excellent franchise opportunity! A few frequently asked question are:
- What investment is required? The total estimated single unit Investment is $288,000. Your investment covers costs for the initial set up, inventory, furniture, fixtures, equipment, technology, and more.
- What ongoing fees are required? You will pay a continuing monthly Royalty Fee during the Term equal to 6% of gross revenue. The fee for the Brand Development Fund is 1% of gross revenue to cover franchisee growth and development.
- What Return on Investment (ROI) can I expect?Actual results vary from location to location and we cannot estimate the results of any particular franchise. We encourage you to review Item 19 of our Franchise Disclosure Document for additional information on the Financial Performance Representation. When you investigate a Scout & Molly’s franchise, you will be provided with the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
- How quickly can I expect my return on investment to begin?On average, it will take 6-9 months from the time you are awarded a Scout & Molly’s license to the time you open. In most cases, how well you follow the Scout & Molly’s grand opening plan, ongoing marketing strategy, and franchise system processes, determines how quickly you achieve your desired ROI.
- How many employees do I need? You can start with 3 to 4 part-time associates along with one full-time manager.
- What type of facility do I need? You will need approximately 1,000 – 1,200 square feet located in a high traffic, high visibility Class A shopping center or mall. This square footage will allow for adequate room for clothing and accessory displays, dressing rooms, and a small storage area.
- How long has Scout & Molly’s been in business? Scout & Molly’s has been a popular boutique destination in the Raleigh, NC market since Spring 2002. Scout & Molly’s started franchising in 2014. The Scout & Molly’s brand was fresh and people quickly caught on. Customers started to mention they wished they could open their own Scout & Molly’s so we took the next step and started franchising the business so others could enjoy the unique shopping experience that Scout & Molly’s delivers.
- How much training will I receive? Scout & Molly’s provides a week of initial training. You will be taught the Scout & Molly’s merchandise modules, inventory control and ordering procedures, marketing programs, Point of Sale systems and other store operations. On-going training and conference calls, site visits and conferences will be conducted as needed.
- How much support will I receive? Scout & Molly’s provides you with all the essential training needed to smoothly launch and celebrate your grand opening and post opening operations. All Scout & Molly’s owners will have ongoing support for marketing needs, inventory and buying programs, manager training, operational, and technology support.
- What are the benefits of owning my own Scout & Molly’s Franchise?Scout & Molly’s is the perfect semi-absentee franchise for a fashionista, especially if you are business-minded! We are also a great business option for husband and wife teams. No fashion experience required! Our merchandising experts stay current on the latest fashion trends and can guide you in curating an exciting line of garments and accessories season after season that will help you build and grow a devoted customer base. Whether it’s the jobs you create or the special events in which you participate as a business owner, you also have an opportunity to make a difference in your community!
- What are the key drivers of the business – the key skills needed? As much fun and as exciting as the Scout & Molly’s Franchise opportunity is, following the Scout & Molly’s Franchise system is imperative to success. Scout & Molly’s is looking for quality owners with good people skills.
- What is your competitive differentiation? Scout & Molly’s Boutique is described as vintage chic and this vibe is carried throughout the interior of our stores but also spills out onto the sidewalks (where applicable). The lines of clothing we carry are unique and sometimes are rarely found in other stores in your market. Boutiques are chic – people value the personalized service and attention they receive, the cozy ambiance and the unique merchandise that only a Scout & Molly’s can offer.
- Will I receive a protected territory? Yes, you will receive a three mile area of protection. There is an abundance of opportunity across the U.S. for Scout & Molly’s locations.
- How do I get started? Complete the Online Request for Information Packet. When you have received your information packet, fill out the Franchise Application and return it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you and send you a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) to continue the franchising process. If there continues to be mutual interest, we will step-by-step share information about unit economics, real estate, technology, training, marketing, and more. Earnest candidates will be invited to a virtual Discovery Day. Scout & Molly’s is committed to making every city, town and community look great by stocking fashionable and highly sought after designs. We will ensure we are staying abreast of fashion trends and seasons to bring our franchisees the best buying options. Our business experience and operational system has proven to assist our franchisees to grow business quickly, efficiently and successfully.
Scout & Molly's In The News!
Scout & Molly’s customer Barbara Joseph, right, tries on a dress Wednesday as owner Nikki Simon looks on. Scout & Molly’s Lakewood Ranch is located in The Market at University Town Center on University Parkway in Sarasota.
Our Florida location was featured in their local paper! A great article about strategic and technical holiday sales planning!